Mattanwacook Junior High Feedback/Scoring Procedures
Guidelines for Feedback/Scoring Procedures
1. During this unprecedented time in education, R.S.U. No. 67 is committed to “hold harmless”- no
grading procedure will negatively impact a student.
2. The Prek-grade 8 system recently closed out the 2nd trimester. The 9-12th system was roughly 6
weeks into the 2nd semester when remote learning began.
3. Students in good standing prior to the last day of classes on 3/13/20 and who continue to make
an effort* to maintain/deepen skills will advance to the next grade level, receive full credit, and/or
receive a diploma. *The effort is determined based on the individual needs of the student and
remote learning circumstances. Remediation for improvement of scores prior to 3/13/20 is
definitely appropriate and expected.
4. We will work through a support system model to provide a plan for success.
5. Although guidelines need to be set - flexibility needs to be allowed to err on the side of the
6. Feedback on work being done is important. We need to provide some type of feedback for work
being sent home. The feedback could be sharing answer keys, asking for pictures of work, or
reaching out to see how it is going.
Teachers review where students were at the end of the 2nd trimester. All students are encouraged to
share evidence of what they are doing at home either through phone calls, virtual platforms set up by
teachers, or other means. We will:
● Ensure work is meaningful.
● Provide opportunities for connection and feedback.
● Provide no new learning target scores-just comments based on evidence shared. If a child has no
new evidence, it is not counted against the student. If the student was on pace, the student is on
pace. A student can only improve his/her scores/evidence.
● Provide assignment scores based on evidence shared.
● Require connection with teacher-student on a weekly basis as part of the evidence.
No child will be retained due to the remote learning experience. If discussions were had prior to 3/13/20,
then a team would make that decision based on the information prior to 3/13/20.