The first week was a success! Everyone was excited to be back in school to see each other and return to a routine. Arrival and dismissal were a little rough on the first day, but as the week progressed and routines were understood things were much better. In order to continue improving safety and maximize the educational time, there are several things Iisted below you can do to help.
- Please remember the students may be dropped off no earlier than 7:15 am and our school day begins at 7:30 am and anyone who comes in later than 7:30 am will be marked tardy. Walkers will be dismissed at 1:50 pm and busses will leave the school beginning at 2 pm.
- In order to meet proper distancing requirements, fewer students can ride the bus. If you would like to request a regular alternative drop-off or pick-up location for your child(ren), please complete the “Request for Alternative Bus Transportation” form as soon as possible and return it to the school secretary. This form can be found under the “Parents and Students” section of the website.
- Parents dropping students off are reminded to park next to the building and may walk their child(ren) to the front door. There are staff members there with hand sanitizer to greet them as they enter the building.
- If you are driving through to drop your student off, please do so as quickly as possible to help prevent traffic back-up.
- Please DO NOT use the staff parking lot (the lot in front of the building) when dropping your student off. There were several instances where students ran in front of moving vehicles, including busses. Winter will be here soon enough and if the bus has to stop as they drive through the parking lot it’s difficult for them to regain traction to be able to pull forward.
- It would be very helpful when contacting the office that you avoid times between 1:45 and 2:15, which is when it is very busy with dismissal. Thank you.
- Parents of remote students, please remember drop off and pick up of materials is between 9:00 and 12:00 every Friday. We will not be able to help you during dismissal which is at 1:00 on Fridays. It is recognized that your child may be online during that time, but you should have time between lessons during the designated time.
Parents, students, and staff should all be proud of how well things went after being away for six months. I’m excited about what the future holds for the Ella P. Burr community and look forward to watching each student grow academically as well as an individual. Please, if you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me here at school or via email.